Thursday 24 July 2014

with love from a bookworm

I wanted to write on the hobby of reading from a long time and did not find a place to write it except for brief book reviews on flipkart. I am a bookworm and ever since I put my hands on one night at the call center on a fateful evening of 2010 I fell in love with the world of English novels.It was my first English novel reading and Chetan Bhagat cast his spell on me.It followed all of bhagat's novels followed by international authors like Dan Browne and Sam Bourne  to our desi delights Durjoy Datta,Ravinder Singh and Preeti Shenoy.I started being regular to Landmark and Crossword as if they are temples and books are my dieties.

From best sellers of Frederick Forsyth, Dan Brown,Chetan Bhagat,Amish Thripathi,Ashwin Sanghi,Durjoy Datta, Ravinder Singh and Preeti Shenoy to lesser known books of Girish Kohli,Siddhartha Gigoo and many more that I do not remember at the moment I became an ardent lover of books no matter to which genre did they belong.

From the world of iit's, iim's,code breakers,thrillers,lover boys,women of great determination,men with extraordinary power of mind,people in love,stereotypes, cold blooded murderers, history ,science, philosophy,culture and everything associated with human emotions and experiences became part of my life.

In four years since that day I have grown tremendously as a reader. Though the time has changed in my life I still find time to read novels either on a train journey or a late sleepless night.The above mentioned authors  and others that I don't remember have become part of my life to the extent of influencing my world view for good.

It's a fascinating world and as someone says it's an escape in to another world though most novels are very near to reality.Now I have reached a stage where I can not imagine the rest of my life's every week without a novel....

happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment