Wednesday 23 July 2014

the journey of a nomad...

Today's post is the translation of my own unpublished Kannada short story  Alemariya Yathre meaning the journey of a nomad...I have not stuck to word by word translation and rather written it modifying to match my current mood.

Why did I come to the beach? I do not remember.Not to see the sun rise at least. The Sun has already risen and is looking at his own wavering reflection in the blue waters.I am walking aimlessly as if guided by the numerous footmarks on the sand.

As I look at my surroundings, I find masks of different age.These visible masks can be called as human beings! Then Do not ask what I am? I too may look like a human in your eyes as I am also wearing a mask that looks human.I started wearing this mask ever since I lost myself to the needs of this materialistic world.

The waves of ocean and the waves of human emotions are very much similar.

The beach is full of people betrayed by the uncertainties of life wearing different types of masks.

I do not know the seller of masks.But I am one among his customers.For Mentally disturbed people he sells the mask of peace of mind and to those who are physically ill he sells the mask of optimism.

You may wonder was this all I got in the beach? The answer is no.I found someone else as well..

Those faces that are not hidden behind the mask.Those eyes full of dreams and optimism with an assurance that everything will be fine.Those innocent faces playing in the sand as if there is no tomorrow...those faces that instantly smile at you even if you are a stranger and those eyes that are full of love and that heart never touched by the evil called hatred.

Then I remembered my purpose in life and the reason of my walk to the beach..


If you have suggestions and comments post them here and connect me on twitter and Google plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment