Wednesday 10 December 2014

a death monologue on my birthday

Today is my birthday. I completed 23 years on earth today and I am thankful to my stars for that. Not everyone thinks of death everyday and definitely not on their birthday..But as my friends know I am a weird-confused-fool who happens to say north when people think of south and that led me to attempt a monologue of death... After all it is the ultimate reality of all living beings...Read on...

I am death...

The most feared and hated reality of your lives..

My name brings a sense of discomfort and shiver down your spine..

You hate me more than any other reality of life..

Yet I am the most sincere and uncontroversial thing happening to anybody..

I don't choose people based on their merits or demerits...in my eyes all are one living entity waiting for their turn to reach me..

I do not bother if someone hangs himself or is shot dead...my job is to help the soul reach the next world safely...

I don't give favours or take any and go on and on my duty irrespective of what time of the day it is or who the person is...that's why you call me Dharma...

Yet you do not respect me for doing my duty...for you the job was over on the day you named me Dharma...to forget Dharma in your own lives..

I stand behind you at every moment of your life trying to make you aware of my existence and make you follow my example...Dharma...yet you ignore me and go on and on pursuit of your endless passion for life and its imperfections...I do not complain and continue my duty and that is why you call me Kaala..

But here I am to remind you not with my dispassionate words of caution but with the love of a protector...do not ever cross the path of Dharma or waste Kaala...for you will be not be judged on the moments of your glory...but on your ability to remain humble in times of glory and stubborn to resist failure and keep your spirit of life alive until I arrive to take you forever...Dead are those who lose their spirit of life even before I arrive and immortals are the ones who embrace me with open arms with eyes full of life lived righteously...They are my chosen ones...Dharmiks and defeaters of Kaala..I bow before them...

Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment